Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Seth Drouin
Digital Applications
Nichols Class of 2016

What's going on everyone?  My name is Seth.  I am actually from Madison, Connecticut.  Madison has some of the best beaches in Connecticut.  There are perfect sized waves, friendly people, and lots of sports going on all summer and throughout the year.  I have a lot of past work experiences.  My first job ever was working at a pizza place called Petrillo's Pizza.  It was a good job at the time, and I learned how to do many tasks, such as talk to customers and prepare orders.  At the time, I obtained a job working at my town's local golf course right on the water.  It is such a beautiful place.  Anyways, it was a great job, so I decided to stop working at Petrillo's because it was just too much work.  Unfortunately,  about a month or so later, I got fired from the golf course job because a worker told my boss that they "saw" me doing donuts on hole seven's green.  It's funny because I actually truly did not do it, and I got fired for looking like the kid that did.
I am a freshman this year at Nichols, and I am honestly so excited to grow as an individual, but better yet, grow as a class.  My major is accounting, and I know for a fact that it is something that I truly want to do, watching many older friends have their own businesses in it and being very successful.
One hobby that I have, and I truly love doing is playing guitar.  I have an Ibanez RG5EX1 guitar model, and I have to say it is truly amazing.  Here is a picture of what it looks like: A picture of my guitar
Another thing that I do, however, I would refer to it as a passion is lacrosse.  Lacrosse is my life.  I have been playing for almost ten years, and overtime I have slowly gotten better and better.  It is a sport that takes a lot of work and that's what I love about it the most.  I plan on playing lacrosse at Nichols.  It's one of the main reasons why I came to Nichols actually.  If you're interested in seeing a picture of me in my gear you can see it here: Lacrosse Facebook Picture
The coaches at Nichols recruiting me through my NCSA recruiting profile.  In it, I put together a highlight tape of some of my best plays, and it is something cool to check out:
My Recruiting Profile
One of my main purposes and hopes to gain from this course is to become a better public speaker.  I absolutely suck at it, and knowing that I want to become a well-known accountant one day, public speaking is going to be a critical aspect, so I just hope to get a little better at it, and I am confident that I will.
**This is a great "newsworthy" blog that I found that I believe can relate strongly to all of the first year Bisons, including myself.  1st Year Students College Blog
It's a great blog where people can share how their first year of college is going and relate to each other, and they can also give tips, suggestions, and help each other get through it.  It is seriously a great idea because freshmen year of college can be a huge struggle for some people, including myself.
Anyways, I look forward to hearing from my fellow students in this class and going on this journey together to become better, smarter, and more prepared for our successful futures.
Seth Drouin

1 comment:

  1. hey seth great blog you have here a lot of insight on yourself. I saw your video you look pretty good i can't wait to get on the field and see it in person. i am also very passionate about the game of lacrosse. i only picked up lacrosse my sophomore year in high school and i instantly fell in love with the sport. i also got better as time went on. i agree on your goal about being a well known accountant. i also want to pursue that dream and have a career in being a accountant. sick visor by the way. i guess i'll see you in class.

    ReplyDelete