Sunday, September 9, 2012

Hello, my name is Madison Catarius. I am from Wareham, Massachusetts. I tell people that I am from Cape Cod but Wareham is before the bridge to Cape Cod. No one usually knows where Wareham is but there have been movies that have been filmed there. Wareham is a beach town and it is the worst when all the tourists come for the summer. I live really close to the beach. I can walk there in like five minutes. I went to the local high school. Wareham can be pretty boring but you need to make your own fun. During the summer you would go to baseball games or go to the beach. I used to work at concession stands for the Cape Cod Baseball League and I also worked as a referee for soccer. I have never had a major job because I have always been really young.
I am a freshman at Nichols College and I am studying Sport Management. I play soccer at Nichols. My position is forward or midfield. I played soccer since I was five years old and I have loved it ever since. I played soccer for my town team, a Mass premier team, a district select team, a high school team, and multiple indoor teams. When I was younger I used to play softball, I played it for three seasons and I enjoyed it but I loved soccer more. If I am not playing soccer I would be doing homework or hanging out with my friends. Other hobbies I enjoy is going to the beach and listening to music. My favorite band is Owl City but I like most kinds of music.

I found this blog about soccer. It is amazing. It talks about women's soccer. Women's soccer has had a downfall because of the WPS and with the Olympics it has become bigger especially with the USA winning gold. It all talks about that and how big it has grown the past two years because of the World Cup and Olympics. It also talks about how it will go into the shadows until the next Olympics or World Cup. It was huge for the die hard fans to see how much it has grown and how it has also taken a few twist and turns. If you hear the name Alex Morgan or Abby Wambach everyone is going to know who they are. But what about Megan Rapinoe or Carli Lloyd or Tobin Heath. Has anyone heard of them? Maybe because of the Olympics you have. I want women's soccer to be bigger and I have a feeling it will be soon.



2 comments:

  1. Hello Madison! It's weird calling you that because I'm so used to calling you Cat!
    Anyways, It's Kate or Leddy as you know me! I really liked your blog and I can relate to most of it! In the summer I am always in Wareham at Scusset Beach, we have probablly been there at the same time and didn't even know it! My grandparents also live right after the Bridge in Bourne so I am in the Cape queit often! We also share a love for soccer, which is why I really enjoyed the blog you added about the Olympic Women's team! It's definitely something that I will continue to look at so thanks for posting it! I'm excited to find out what else we have in common, see you at soccer and in class!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Madison! My name is Stevie. I really liked your blog because you talked a lot about soccer. I've been playing soccer all of my life, indoor & outdoor teams. I went to Shepherd Hill in Dudley which is right down the road from Nichols and I played outside mid-fielder all four years. I would consider outside mid as my favorite position to play but in the last few seasons of soccer that I played I found that I really love playing defense. I don't play anymore because there aren't any 18 & UP teams that I know of. Also right now i'm trying to focus on school but I really wish that I was playing on a team! I also liked the blog you found because it talks about Womens Soccer and I thought they did awesome in the Olympics. Hopefully people will get to know more about the amazing women athletes who play soccer that no one knows about!

    ReplyDelete