Wednesday, September 5, 2012

 
Hi! I am Rileigh Mac Murdo. I'm from Tewksbury, Massachusetts. Before I left for college, I worked as a nursing assistant at a nursing home. I also had minor jobs on the side including working at a pizza place and being a swimming instructor. I'm a sophomore at Nichols college which I transferred to last January. I came to Nichols from a community college near my home. I didn’t like the commuting atmosphere so I decided to live on campus. I am majoring in Psychology and minoring in Criminal Justice. I hope to become a psychologist one day and possibly work in the forensics part of the major. My main hobby was swimming in high school but obviously Nichols doesn't have a pool, so I don't play a sport as of now. If I could have my way, there’d be a nice new pool right where the basketball court is. You name it, and I have played it as a sport and quit. I never stuck to anything besides dance and swim so now my main hobby is hanging with friends. I guess working out can be a hobby too, I just have to get back into my workouts. I also love shopping but that is definitely a downfall when you don’t have the money to shop and do it anyways. I am also not new to blogging. I have a blog with tumblr. My blog goes anything from fashion to quotes. Whatever I’m thinking about at the time is usually what I blog that day. I thought it was stupid at first, but believe me, you get addicted to it. From tumblr, I learned I love fashion. I love looking at fashion blogs, so here's one if you're interested! http://on-thestreets.tumblr.com/. This blog is a bunch of pictures showing different styles and trends for upcoming seasons.  From this class, I hope to learn more things about powerpoint to make presentations more exciting and more appealing to look at. I am very familiar with word so I think I’d like to learn more about excel. I have only used a few times so it would be a plus to learn more about it.
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rileigh Mac Murdo! I think I remember you from class today because you were the one that said you wished Nichols had a swimming pool so you could be on a swimming team. It is funny because I used to always go swimming at my town's local pool with all my friends and just practice different strokes. Something that is crazy is that my grandpa was on the world's best relay team back when they didn't have the olympics, but he was well known in the world (he swam in many golden gate bridge races, and others). If you ask me and remind me sometime I will show you the swimming medal that my grandpa gave to me that I always wear around my neck. It reminds me of him, and it is the only physical memory I have of him :/
    I too am living on campus as a resident, and I have to say that so far, I love it. Nichols is a very close community and everybody truly supports each other. It is cool that you said that you work out too because I am a huge fitness freak! I workout almost everyday, whether it be a run, lifting, or mental toughness. I am passionate about fitness and well-being. I am looking forward to this year and studying in this class, and I will make sure that we talk face to face more. Thanks for reading this, and I will see you soon! Take care.
    -Seth Drouin
    Digital Applications
    Nichols Class of 2016

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rileigh Mac Murdo my name is Darrin Melendy. I am just like you I have been swimming for ten years. The time I was swimming was probably the best in my life it relaxed and strengthened me. I agree with the swimming pool idea that would be a fantastic idea. Also I have the same thing about sports and hobbies. I tried baseball, track, cross country, soccer and nothing seemed to click in place until I swam at my first practice and it just fell into place. Everybody hates on swimming and how it isn't as much as a sport as football or basketball. But swimmers practice just as much as other athletes and sometimes more because swimmers are the most physically fit athletes out there. Hope you are enjoying it here.
    -Darrin Melendy

    ReplyDelete