Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Post #1
Andrea Wilson
September 5th 2012

 Hi! My name is Andrea Wilson and I am currently a sophomore here at Nichols College.  In addition to playing Field Hockey for the school I am also a TA for a first year PDS class as well as an editor for the Nichols Literary Magazine. I am originally from Bedford, NH which is a small town just outside the big, bad city of Manchester, NH. Over the summer I worked at a bank in Massachusetts completing clerical tasks such as filing and answering customer phone calls. It was an eye-opening experience and I hope that I can continue working there over winter break.

One of my main hobbies is discovering new music. The main type that I try to discover is country music but I also like to look for new artists in the genres of rock, blues and contemporary. I spend a lot of my time on Tunes and YouTube looking for music that isn't on the radio or has just been recently released.  I am also a major bookworm and I love to read books of all genres by many different authors. The video to the right is  one of my favorite songs of the moment, and it was released a little over 2 weeks ago.




By taking this course, I hope to learn a lot more about how to be successful with technology, as well as how to use it to give myself an edge when competing for jobs. I also hope that I can create some interesting projects and assignments that I will be able to put into my portfolio and show off to recruiters at job interviews. I have never taken an information technology course so I am actually excited to see what this class entails!

I love to travel! Even though I have not been to a lot of places outside the U.S, I have visited almost every single state inside the US. There is just something about going someplace you have never been before and allowing yourself to immerse in the culture that is that state of country. The one state that I have not visited yet is Alaska I am trying to convince my family to go over winter break, so hopefully I can visit this beautiful state very soon! I follow a lot of travel blogs, and this one is by far my favorite. Not only is the author an amazing writer but he is also a superb photographer whose pictures are beautiful!!  I definitley recommend that you check out Kevin's World! The pictures and the stories will take your breath away!












1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrea, how do you like being a teacher’s assistant? I thought it seemed like something cool to do next year possibly. The TA that I have for my PDS class seems to like her job but I was looking to get a couple other perspectives on it. Like is it hard to juggle your classes and being a TA? I also like to look up new songs in my spare time. I like listening to country as well, along with rap, rock, hip hop and mostly anything but classical, scream and like really heavy metal. I went to see Jason Aldean last June with my boyfriend for our anniversary gift. It was a big deal because he hates country music like he won’t listen to it for even a second while we’re in the car. That is so cool that you have been to so many states! I haven’t really been to many different places. The coolest place I went to was this summer at Mexico.

    ReplyDelete