Friday, September 7, 2012


Hello, my name is Kathleen Ledbetter but I prefer to be called Kate. I am from Norton Massachusetts, it's a very small town that not many people know about but it is near Mansfield Massachusetts, Attleboro Massachusetts and Easton Massachusetts. I have had a few different jobs, starting with working at a pizza place called Pizza Thyme, then I worked as a waitress at a nursing home in my town in the assisted living quarters, and my last job was at Justice for girls, I also worked at a soccer camp in my town that my neighbor runs during the summer. I am a freshman at Nichols College, so far I have really enjoyed it and hopefully that will continue and I'm sure it will especially with the roommates I have, Anjali and Alexa.

                    

I also play for the women's soccer team here and have made friends on the team. I have played soccer since I was little and all through high school where I was also the team captain my senior year. When I was ten years old my travel town team won the Massachusetts Tournament of Champions which was a really big deal, we were even put on T.V for it. It was very exciting for our team and that memory always reminds me why I love to play so much. I have not decided what I want to major in yet and I honestly have absolutely no idea what is it that I want to do which is scary but hopefully I will figure it out soon. I don't necessarily have any hobbies but I do love the Boston Red Sox. My dad has season tickets and being in Fenway is one of my favorite things in the world, I love the city and I love the atmosphere that comes with the game and the fans.

                    

From taking this course I hope to gain more knowledge about computers and the different ways I can use the internet for personal things like having my own blog and being able to even make a website for something. I think it would be really helpful and cool to be able to have that skill.

The blog that I found really interesting was a blog about college. As a freshman I don't know exactly how it's going to be and this blog gives students tips on things from how to be "green" to how to deal with stress. I think this blog can help a lot of students to give them advice and help them along the way. I found the blog interesting because I of course have questions about how the next four years of my life are going to be and how to adjust to it as a freshman. Any student can appreciate a little help and this blog has a lot of help to offer.

2 comments:

  1. What's going on Kate Ledbetter? My name is Corey Michaud. It is funny that you say you worked at a pizza place because I worked at a local pizza place in my hometown called "Circle Pizza". They serve Greek style pizza (I think it might outbeat your pizza!!! ;) ) I remember working at the phone and taking orders, and I would occasionally deliver.
    I also love kids. I have volunteered at martial arts camps to help out numerous kids. I love being around kids so much. They always teach me small things that I have forgotten in my life. For instance, they remind me how life is just about smiling and having fun in the end. Sure there are times where everything is stressful, but at the end of the day, the most important thing is your happiness. I look forward to seeing you again in class, just turn around and wave at me. I sit in the back.

    Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kate! I am Madison Catarius. We already know each other from soccer but that is okay! It is cool that you worked at a pizza place. I love pizza. We have a local pizza place in Wareham and it is so good! It is run by a local family and they make very good pizza. I used to live in Attleboro which is close to Norton. I only lived there for like four or five years. I have played soccer for a long time as well and I was captain for my high school team as well. We didn't that well. We only won two games. That isn't good at all. I really like the blog you put. I read it and it was very useful. As being a freshman as well it will help with college life and dealing with all the stress. It is definitely stressful with playing soccer and having school. You probably understand that. Soccer is crazy because of practices and games. You are so tired after all that you don't even want to do homework, but you have to do it. Oh well. I really liked your blog. I look forward to playing soccer with you and being in Digital Applications with you.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete