Thursday, September 6, 2012

Blog #1, September 6th, 2012


Nicholas DiMille
Blog #1
Digital Applications

            I have lived in East Boston, MA my whole life. I was born October 6th, 1993. I’m the youngest in my family. I have one brother who is 23 and a dog that is a rescue. My Favorite Football team is the Panthers, but I also like the Patriots. My favorite basketball teams are the Celtics, Bulls, and Knicks. I went to Winthrop High and played a little football. A few of my hobbies are playing sports, video games, hanging out with my friends, and working. I love just hanging out with my friends playing basketball or just chilling watching football. I also like to listen to music. My favorite rapper is The Game, but I also listen to all types of music, some other artists I like are Aerosmith, Frank Sinatra, Bobby Darin, Queens, Dipset, Big L, and Cassidy. I work at a grocery store called Stop & Shop for about a year, I am a cashier. I am also a counselor in the summer. I’ve been working as one for 3 years, and this year I was promoted to a supervisor. I love working and making money. I am now a freshman at Nichols College as an accounting major hoping to double major in Economics. A few goals I have in life are to become a CPA, and just love life.
            What I hope to gain in this class is the ability to captivate the highest amount of skill with technology, and too strengthen my presentation skills. Technology is one of the most important factors in starting a business, and I would hope to be able threw this class to master every piece of knowledge I can gather. Technology doesn’t just have to be put to the work place. I could apply it to just apply it to the normal world with just everyday use. I would also like to strengthen my presentation skills, because there are going to be times in life were I need to present in front of a company. Presenting can be one of the hardest tasks to accomplish. I feel threw this class and Nichols College it will become a manageable task. With all these new skills I retain from this class, I will use in my future classes and future jobs.

            I chose to read the Caucus blog, and then   I referenced it with this article Clinton Delivers Stirring Plea by Jeff Zeleny and Mark Landler, because I am interested in politics. I believe that this article really captured the democratic view and really gave Obama’s campaign a real boast. In the article the other writes, “In a convention hall still buzzing from Mr. Clinton’s speech well after it ended, delegates said they believed the former president had managed to give the defense of Mr. Obama they had been waiting for”, this quote represents what Mr. Clinton’s speech did. It added defense to Obama’s campaign were people say Obama did this and that, but now a great ex-president like Mr. Clinton even said, “No president, not me, not any of my predecessors, could have repaired all of the damage he found in just four years”, He also said, the President Obama started out with one of the worse economies ever. To some it up, this article shows how Clinton’s speech really boasted Obama’s campaign, and how this could be the difference in a voters decision whether to vote for Obama, or Romney. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nick. After reading your blog post, I saw that we have a couple of things in common. I am the youngest person in my family as well. I also have a rescue. He is a German Shepherd and is one of the best dogs I've ever had. It's also funny that you went to Winthrop High School because there is a Winthrop Hospital very close to my house back in New York. I've been trying to keep up with politics as much as I can. My roommate is really into politics, so before we go to sleep every night we have to listen to her complain about Romney. I also love economics. If I weren't studying criminal justice, I would study economics. I really loved it in high school.

    ReplyDelete