Monday, September 10, 2012

Blog #1

Hey everyone!

My name is Stevie and i'm from Dudley, right down the road from Nichols. I went to Shepherd Hill Regional Highschool and I played soccer, tennis and also ran track for a few seasons. I love being busy and playing sports. I even tried hurdling during one track season and I was actually good at it so I stayed with it for a little!




 I was also on the schools Student Council for 4 years, i loved it. Right now I am currently a waitress at Masonic Home in Charlton and in November it will be my 2nd year there. I enjoy working as a waitress but my favorite job that i've had was working in retail. I worked at Eblens Clothing & Footwear for almost a year before it went out of business, it was fun because I love clothes. This is my first semester here at Nichols. I'm a transfer junior but because of the credits that I lost due to my major change I am considered a sophomore. I transferred to Nichols from UMass Amherst. It is a great school and I loved it there but I felt that Nichols was a better choice for me to pursue a business career. My major is Business Communications and so far I love it.  

             Although I don't play on teams anymore I still love playing sports and staying active. My other hobbies include hanging out with my friends & spending time with my boyfriend. I love shopping and listening to music and basically whatever else is a fun time. I definitely am a beach baby and I love going to the beach and tanning in the summertime. This summer I spent a lot of time fishing & canoeing with my friends, it was a new hobby that we picked up and we got really good at it!

           From this course I am not really sure what to expect from it but I do hope to learn more about computer software. I also hope to learn more about Microsoft because it seems to be getting more popular and I am not fully aware on how to work the system. I'm good with computers and technology but i'm not so good with softwares and programs and things like that. I hope to be better prepared for the business world and whatever it entails.
       The blog that I found interesting was a blog about college fashion. I love clothes and new styles and new trends that are happening. This blog talks about different ideas for college fashion and also about what is in style now a days. The blog gives links to its "fabulous finds" and gives you some ideas on where you can find the items that they blog about. I find the blog interesting because I am a shop-o-holic and i'm always interested in finding clothes for lower prices. The cheaper the better! I think this blog is credible because it gives you ideas for trendy outfits and where to shop for them. It's always a plus getting some inspiration for a cute outfit! You can find this blog at http://www.collegefashion.net/. I wasn't specifically looking to find a blog like this but i'm excited that I found it because I will definitely be checking new things out on it!


1 comment:

  1. I’m not too tech savvy either and I totally agree about learning how to use more Microsoft programs for later in life when we are going to need to be using technology all the time for our jobs. I also think that if we can learn those programs as soon as possible our college experience will be a little easier academically. In addition to being a little more professional with computer programs, it is going to help to look professional. I love to get new fancy clothes like shirts and ties because they help present a better visual of what you have to offer. I don’t look at too many fashion magazines, but I do go to shop at kohls where there are tons of nice fancy clothes. I too am a shop- aholic when it comes to shirts and ties because I went to a prep school where I had towear a shirt and tie for dress code. I fell in love with looking all dressed up and I am excited to be able to dress up for my presentations at Nichols.

    ReplyDelete