Thursday, September 6, 2012

Christian Gil


Hello, my name is Christian Gil. I'm 17 years old from East Rutherford, New Jersey. If you don’t know where that is its the same town where MetLife Stadium is located at where both the New York Giants and Jets play there football games. I am currently a freshman and my intended major is Sport Management and also minor in Marketing. I have both a brother and a sister. My sister is older then me and attends Gallaudet University in Washington D.C. and is studying American Sign Language. My brother is younger then me and is a senior in high school and wants to join to military right out of high school. While in high school I played both football and baseball, but at the current time I am retired from college sports, but I could pull a Brett Farve and come out of retirement one day.
 I have worked three jobs since I've turned sixteen. My first job was a sales associate at the store LIDS. My second job was working in my high school as summer help with the custodian. My third and final job so far was being a pizza delivery boy for Papa John's and that was by far the worst job that I have had so far. The pay was horrible and most customers gave horrible or no tips. Also my boss would take money out of my paycheck.
 Some of my hobbies are collecting sports memorabilia, playing video games (only sports video games because I'm horrible at first person shooter games), going to sports events, and hanging out with my friends. My favorite sports teams are the New York Giants, Boston Red Sox (crazy I know since I’m from the New York area), Miami Hurricanes, and New York Knicks.
 During Digital Applications I hope to learn how to use Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook better then I know how to use now. While in high school I had to take a Microsoft Office class and I did well in the class but I want to become perfect in using Microsoft Office. I'm sure with a Sport Management and Marketing Degree you would need to know how to use Word, PowerPoint, Excel and also a blogger too exceptionally well to earn a job in your field of study. 


http://www.bigblueview.com - This blog interested me because I am a New York Giants fan and it helped me stay up to date with my sports while being far away from home living in Massachusetts. It is extremely credible because it is linked to the official New York Giants website also.
<----- Me playing football 

















Me playing baseball in the Staten Island
Yankees minor league field --------->

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christain! I'm Andrea Wilson. I think it is great that you have been working from such a young age! I know many of my friends have had the luxury of not having to work a single day in thier life's so I commend you on the amount of dedication and responsbility you take on by having three jobs! I think that you should indeed pull a Brett Farve and come out of retirement :) Nichols' Baseball teams needs some fresh faces on thier roster and I am sure you could easily find a spot! I also like the Miami Hurricanes as a college team! I mainly like them for basketball but sometimes I will follow thier other sports teams as well! I hope you have a great year here at Nichols and hopefully you will do something to stay involved with sports!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christian! I think its awesome that you have been working alot since such a young age! i too have worked since i was 14, and i currently have 3 jobs! Your sister is so far away, do you too see eachother often? Has your brother spoken to a recruiter yet? Has he found out when he ships out? My best friend went into the marines right out of high school, i think its great your brother wants todo that! Well ill see ya in class tommrow!

    ReplyDelete