Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Lindsey Lamphere


My name is Lindsey Lamphere and I am from Bellingham, MA. I'm a freshman here at Nichols College and majoring in marketing and minoring in international business. I currently work at The Gap, Inc. in Bellingham, MA and also at Clay Chevrolet-Hyundai in Norwood, MA. Whenever I get the chance to, I like to work with my dad on our 1956 Ford pickup truck. I went to Blackstone Valley Tech for high school and took business technology, so I already know the in's and out's of all the Microsoft Office suites. But, we only touched on web design on certain programs so I'm interested to see how to make a web site that you can access from computers other than the one I made it on. My dad is also starting up a candy business so it would be nice to see how to make a permanent web site for his business instead of the free one that has a bunch of ads on it. The blog that I found that interests me is called Autoblog. It’s all about interesting facts that have to do with cars. One of the articles I found interesting was about BMW dropping a priceless art car onto a cliff. The art car was on display during this year’s London Olympics. After the Olympics ended, the car was driven to the landing zone, where a helicopter picked it up and flew it to the Pulpit Rock in Norway, which is 2,112 feet high. No one knows exactly why it was done, but it may have to do with the famous painting The Scream. There’s also another story about a go-kart made solely out of Legos and is also drivable. The kart doesn’t go very fast at all, but that’s not the point because it doesn’t need help from anything or anyone else because it can move under its own power and can hold up to 222 pounds. There are lots of other blogs on here like those, many about new releases about cars, secrets companies keep, and a lot more that keep my attention and are interesting to me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lindsey my name is Evan. I read your blog and I saw that you were from Bellingham and I just knew I had to reply because I am not to far away from there in Marlborough. I also read that you attended BVT and I used to play basketball there all the time for my AAU team and I thought that its was pretty cool that I actually knew where you were talking about. Its easier to talk to someone or reply to someone if you can relate to what they are talking about I feel like. As I was reading I saw a surprising thing about you was that you like work at a car dealership and that you like to work on an old pickup truck with your dad and I thought that was unbelievable. I have a huge passion for old cars and would love to have the ability to restore one or fix one up in some way but I don't really know mechanically how they work. Maybe in the future I will try and do something like that.
    Because the blog that you chose was about cars and stuff like that I thought I should read it and I really enjoyed it. There are some pretty interesting facts on there that I would have never known.
    Keep up the hard work and keep doing what you like to do. Automobiles can get very frustrating but keep at it and I can promise you will appreciate the end result more than anyone else that sees the truck

    ReplyDelete