Monday, September 10, 2012

Darrin Melendy - Post #1

 

   Hello, my name is Darrin Melendy and I am a freshman at Nichol's College.  I currently live in Shamie and am planning on majoring in general business.  I am from Tolland Connecticut, a really small town where nothing ever happens.  I have worked part time as a lifeguard at my town's beach for the past three years.  I also run a small lawn mowing business over the summer.  Currently I am studying to become a general business major but, that may change in time.  I have only a few hobbies the first of which is that I enjoy to swim.  Swim competively not like swimming around a pond with a few friends although that is fun.  I have swam competively for the past ten years and have loved every second of it.  I swam for the University Aquatic Club (http://www.uac-ct.org/) based out of Storrs, Connecticut and for my high school's team.  My other hobbies beyond that are less exciting and include reading and hiking. 

   There are several things I hope to get from this course. The first is that I am not very technology friendly and I hope this course will help me expand my knowledge of computers and allow to do more without asking for help every couple of seconds. I also hope that by doing this course that I will discover things that are on the web that I never knew where there such as blogs for what seems to be every subject out there. 

  Speaking of blogs the one that I choose to write on is called Mugglenet (http://www.mugglenet.com/). Yes this blog is about harry potter because i absolutely loved the books and the movies and the rest of the blogs I was searching through were of no interest to me. It tells little facts about the books and gives behind the scenes clips from the movies. Also it gives articles on where the cast are up to and any new news to occur in the harry potter books like opening of the new parks. It also tells about any new books the author may have published and of any books like harry potter that will be of interest to people.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Darrin, I was also a swimmer in high school but I was also the diver for my team. I swam for Suffield High School and to be honest I think we swam against each other because I remember having meets against Tolland and you look familiar haha. If Nichols had a pool, I would definitely swim for this school. I to have been swimming for awhile. I first started when I was young and continued through till senior year in High School. In order to become good, you have to be dedicated and work hard. Anyways I'll see you in class and around campus.

    ReplyDelete