Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Marc Murphy Blog #1


Hi, my name is Marc Murphy and I’m a freshman living in Shamie.  I’m from Suffield, Ct, which is roughly 30 minutes north of Hartford, Ct. I’m currently undecided with my major, though I may go along the line with business, possibly accounting.  I will also be playing lacrosse at Nichols in the spring.  I have been playing lacrosse for a long time and I enjoy the competitive aspect of the sport.  I don’t have that many exciting hobbies but some of them are playing lacrosse with friends, cooking, golfing, swimming and diving.  I was a swimmer and diver in high school and I really enjoyed the sport.  So when there is an opportunity to either swim or dive, I will take it. 

I’m not sure what to expect from this course but hopefully I gain more knowledge about computers and expand my computer skills.  Also just to learn as much as I can about computer software.  Since technology is growing and becoming more popular, I would like to stay up to date with everything.  I would say that I am decent with computers but I would like to be prepared when I need to set up programs and etc in the business world.

The blog that I came across that interested me was about Casey Powell retiring from the MLL (Major League Lacrosse).  He was an icon and many lacrosse players looked up to him including myself.  He was the all-time leading goal scorer in the MLL and NLL.  That is very impressive.  Anyways, I remember watching Casey play on the TV and thought that he will never retire.  So when I came across this blog, I was shocked.  Casey played at Syracuse University before going pro as well as his two other brothers.  Even though all of his brothers are great lacrosse players, I may have to give Casey the slight edge over Ryan and Mike.  If anyone wants to read more about Casey Powell or more blogs about lacrosse, check out this site. www.laxmagazine.com

















No comments:

Post a Comment