Tuesday, October 2, 2012

XBOX 360 Kinect


Hello, my name is Robbie Van Nort. I have a passion for playing video games and my favorite gaming console is the XBOX 360. I feel that it possesses the games with the best content and utilizes the first kind of motion activated gaming besides the Nitendo Wii. I have played the Wii and the XBOX Kinect and compared the two. In my opinion the XBOX 360 Kinect lets you play games the real way you would in real life with your entire body.  However, I did have some ideas about changing the aspects of the Kinect to make it even better. Such things as reducing the distanceat which it operates, giving it a faster sensor to detect your movements, and having many more games be capatable to its software systems. The sensor on the Kinect, requests anywhere from 8 feet to more than 10 feet of clearance in order to fully capture your movements and register them to the game. If the sensor could process your actions quicker, the game would run a lot smoother. Since the Kinect was such a hit, they should make more games capatable with the motion-detecting softwar to increase in its success and keep the people playing XBOX 360 games foras long as possible. After searching the internet for other people who felt the same way I did about the XBOX 360 Kinect. After stumbling upon a blog on 360tuneup.com, I had found a blog that talked about the same issues I had written by a man named John Merson. If there are any people looking to try to get into gaming, I would recommend by starting with trying out some of the XBOX 360 titles like Halo, Call of Duty, and Gears of War especially. They may not be Kinect compatible, but they are some of the greatest games out there. If you enjoy those games, then I would definitely recommend playing around with the Kinect games. Not only is it loads of fun, but it keeps you up and moving. Rather than sitting in a chair only moving your thumbs, the Kinect gets you up on your feet utilizing all of your muscles.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment