Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Saving Money

Everyone tries to save money but many people don't really know how to do it the right way. Trust me I didn't know how to save money until some of my friends helped me out. Every time we would go to a fast food place to eat I would always get a meal and drink, which always cost me a lot more money then all my other friends. Then I figured out to buy things off the dollar menu. You get a lot things for less off the dollar menu. Also don't waste your money on a drink thats just worthless. Ask for a water cup they have to give it to you and it is free. Once you get the water cup you just go to the fountain drink machine and get whatever drink you want, but there is one rule to this. DON'T GET CAUGHT. The food places get mad when you use the drinks for anything other then water. 




Also other ways to help you save money is to shop at Marshalls and TJ Maxx. Stores like those help you save so much money. The places have stylish clothes for such a great price. I really like to go to those stores because they have really cheap sports jerseys. Also go to stores that have great sales. Some stores have Buy One Get One Free sales you should make sure you go there when they have them. One of the top stores that I like to shop at is LIDS and they have a Buy One Get One Half Off all year around and thats when I usually get my Hats. 



Finally other great places to shop at are Ebay and Amazon. Sometimes on Ebay the bids get over priced but you could basically get anything for a lot cheaper then you can from buying it from a store. Also Amazon has great prices. I bought a lot of my school books off of Amazon and i saved so much money then going to the book store and paying for it. Going out Black Friday shopping and Cyber Monday s shopping saves a great amount of money. My family goes crazy when they go Black Friday shopping and I'm getting into the trend of going Black Friday shopping. These are some great tips on shopping and use them they help a lot.  






1 comment:

  1. Hi Christian,
    These are awesome tips! I never thought of ordering my whole meal from the dollar menu. I just always assumed that was the smaller meals and so I just normally get my meal and drink when I go to fast food restaurants. I also never knew that they had a specialized cup for water. That’s a great tip to know too! Also, I’ve been inside Marshalls and TJMaxx, but I’ve never shopped there for some reason. I probably should go in there and check some of the stuff out seeing as I should really start cracking down on saving money and winter is almost here. And this summer I actually discovered and started to use Amazon. I don’t like ebay as much just because of all the bidding and I like to just buy it and not wonder if I’m actually getting it or not. But when I got here everyone was talking about how they spent so much money and I just told them that next semester they should go on Amazon and sign up for the student account because not only are the books inexpensive there, but if it is applicable for prime shipping, then you will get free shipping for having a student account. The only bad thing about that account is that it is only free for the first six months so you have to be careful and make sure you cancel the account before the six months are over or else they’ll start to charge you a monthly fee.

    ReplyDelete