Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Why Boston for a getawway?

       Boston is a great place to go if you just want to get away from the normal everyday life you live. Going to Boston is a great idea because there are many things to do for all ages if you decide to go with your family.
       In Boston if you are a young kid there are many attractions such as whale watches, and theme based boat tours that are very exciting and really get you to enjoy the time there. Parents as well as kids can enjoy the new "Codzilla" tour which is a boat tour throughout the harbor that is themed like the well known character, Godzilla. As well as boat tours and whale watches, Boston also has one of the most famous aquariums in the country that kids love. While at the aquarium a kid can pet penguins, pet sting rays, and even new this year they have a petting area for sharks.
       While traveling to Boston you may come across many street performers that can really grab your attention for a little while and amaze you with the things that they can do. If you think the street performers are interesting, you can head on over to Hanover street which is only a 10 min walk from Quincey Market and catch a real show or play that happen almost daily.
       Although Boston is a great place to go for a weekend, it is also a very good place to go if you want to just enjoy a night and go out to eat in the city. There are many well known restaurants that can give you a good view of the city and all the lights at night. There are even dinner boars as well in Boston. If you want to enjoy your night in the harbor but do not have your own boat to do so, head on over to the attractions booth by the aquarium and get some tickets for the Spirit of Boston and have a night dancing and eating.
This was my girlfriends 1st Celtic game and she loved it.
       Lastly if you go into Boston you are going in to a realm of sports. You can go see a Celtics game which get very intense and you are sure to enjoy the game even if they do lose. You can also go to a Red Sox game depending on the season that you go. And if you are not interested in basketball or baseball head on over to a Bruins game. Boston is home to many great sports teams and you will never be disappointed if you choose to go to a game. Boston sports review.

2 comments:

  1. I love Boston, literally one of my favorite places to go. Its 30 minutes away from me, so it is not very far. I love walking and just being in the city. There are tons of bums there though, which freaks me out.. I will tell you though, if you haven't already gone there, do not go to Dicks last Resort. It may be funny, but the food is terrible. They are very expensive also. Lastly, i'll tell you about one of my favorite times in Boston. When I went out for my friends birthday, and took the train to Fire & Ice. We were there till 11 not realizing none of the trains would be open, we also spent all our money. We had to walk for 4 hours back to the car in heals. In the pouring rain. It was horrible, but yet my heart still belongs too Boston Forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am in love with Boston. My dad lives there so I love going to visit him. He lives 5 minutes from Harvard Square so I always walk there with my sister. We go to Pinkberry and just walk around for hours. I hope to have an apartment in Boston when I am older. I love being in the city and just watching all of the people that are there. It is so exciting to just see all of the historical sights and just to be surrounded by the city life.

    ReplyDelete