Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Organization


Being organized is a quality that can be acquired over time, and can also be a skill that one has just been born with. Regardless of how one obtains the skill of organization, it is a very useful quality for not only succeeding, but for stress reduction as well. People can be organized in some aspects, but very scattered in others. By that, I mean that someone could be very neat when it comes to their office, house, car etc., but very scattered when it comes to staying on task and following a schedule.



Being organized is a great way to reduce time, stress, and the unnecessary burden that comes along with being scattered. Some may feel hopeless and like they are forever bound to the grip of disorganization. This does not have to be the case at all. As exemplified in the website, LiveSTRONG.com, there are very simple steps that can be taken to be freed from the troublesome life of disorganization!
One of the primary steps to becoming more organized when it comes to sticking with a task is to get a planner. This is a tool that will hold you accountable, and blatantly state the things that you need to complete. Some of the most successful people use planners because they are more than effective. Many schools will actually provide their students with planners because they are aware of the absolute dependency that the students have on them. I  cannot stress enough how important planners are!
 
                 Places that many people lack in organization are their homes, and their offices. People will often take one glance at the absolute mess in their kitchen, living room, or desk and instantly become overwhelmed. This does not need to be the case because there are simple solutions to these problems. Bins, containers, separators, and file cabinets are some of the most useful items that are used in organization. Primarily, all of these things create space and transform the ugly mess that is laying around into an organized, and efficient operation.
                                                                                 This video is a great example of how to become more organized. Even though it is specifically talking about how to "unclutter a closet", the principals used in this video can be applied to everyday scenarios when trying become more organized.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mitch, I totally agree with you about being organized. I feel organization is a great skill to learn or have. I personally plan everything I do. When you talk about how people are more organized in one aspect than another. I feel my room isn't as organized because I don’t do much in my room, but my dorm room is extremely organized to the point where I have everything I need in one place. I write everything I need down. If I have a homework assignment due I write it down, if I don’t get it done within a few hours. I also agree with you when you say it is good for business, because it makes the job go buy so much more smoothly, because you are not clustered with all your work. I also agree with you saying being organized is a skill you can learn because I wasn't as organized as a kid. Now that I’m older I am very organized.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mitch. I enjoyed reading your blog and I definitly agree with you that being organized is an important asset to have. Also having a planner is important as well, when becoming more organized. I still use a planner to this day because I can write down my assignments down and be able to go back and check what assignments I still need to do. Another point that I agree with is that being organized helps make a business successful. When you're organized and focused then you will succeed but when your scattered and uncoordinated you will fail. So becoming organized is an important quality to have whether your a student or business owner.

    ReplyDelete