Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Why New York City?

New York City is the best city in the country. You could do things their for hours and not be bored at all. It is known as "The City That Never Sleeps". Growing up only 10 minutes away from the city I've been there hundreds of times. The best thing about the New York City is that they have tons of stores especially on Broadway and Time Square. In the city they have a three story Toys R Us that has a ferris  wheel in the middle of it. Also a three story M&Ms that has every color and flavor of M&Ms ever which is totally awesome. For all those hat people out there New York City has 7 different LIDS stores on just Broadway and Times Square. Great restaurants to eat at while your in New York City would be Hard Rock Cafe, ESPN Zone, Bubba Gump's Shrimps, BB Kings, and a Dave and Busters. No other city in the world has a Naked Cowboy ( who is really not naked but thats just his name). Some entertainment in NYC is the famous Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, also have a Ripley's Believe it or Not museum too. Some more entertainment in New York City are the theaters on Broadway that show the famous plays for example Annie, Christmas Spectacular, and Lion King.  In New York City their is Madison Square Garden where the New York Knicks and the New York Rangers both play. Madison Square Garden has so much history to it with both the Rangers and the Knicks for example the great Wayne Gretzky played for the Rangers and the famous moment in MSG was when Willis Reed hobbled out of the locker room and played game 7 of the 1970 finals and the Knicks beat the Lakers that game to win the championship. Everyone knows New York City for there famous New Years Eve ball drop that is broadcast around the world. It was estimated at over 1 million people were in Times Square for the ball drop. For all those business majors out there New York City has Wall Street where the stock market it held. There are so many stock brokers there it is a great sight to see. New York City has a Memorial for the lives lost during 9/11 on the World Trade Center Memorial at ground zero. Also there are the creation of the Freedom Towers that were in the same place as the World Trade Centers. Finally New York City has the Statue of Liberty and it shows us freedom that we have in the world. I totally recommend everyone to visit New York City in their live's because it is the best place to be at in the world.

                                                        The Ball Dropping in Times Square








<------------- Times Square













Madison Square Garden -------------------->

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christian. As soon as I saw you reviewed New York City I was instantly intrigued being a New Yorker myself. I agree that NYC is the best city in the country. It is so easy to be entertained in the city by the people alone. You'll never meet the same kind of people than you do there, especially the naked cowboy. I've visited Madame Tussauds Wax Museum countless times and waste 7 dollars everytime I ride the stupid ferris wheel in Toys 'R Us. How could you turn down sitting in a barbie car on a huge ferris wheel? Totally worth the 7 dollars. Seeing the ball drop is also the best event the city has to offer. I strongly believe you have never celebrated New Years until you've gone to the city to see the ball drop, nothing is more fun and exciting. I'm glad you feel the same way about the city as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christian! I've been to NYC many times with my family just to visit but I absolutely love it. Every time that we visit we go to time square and all of the shops there. I love the Hershey store and I have also ridden on the ferris wheel in Toys R Us many times. The fashion scene in NYC is very crazy and whenever we go we always try to find the men who sell the designer bags for a good deal that they pull out of the big black trashbags. Last time we visited the city we went to the Ripleys Believe It Or Not Museum and I have to say that was one of my favorite places that we've been to there! I really enjoyed the Wax museum as well as the Statue of Liberty. Everything in New York is so beautiful and I cant wait to go there again because there are a lot of places I still haven't been. I definitely have to visit Ground Zero because I have not been there yet!

    ReplyDelete