Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Consignment Shops

     Do you love clothes but don't have the money to shop all the time? I have a solution for you - Consignment shopping! For the past year or two I have been into consignment shops. They are great for many things. What opened me up to consignment shopping is that my friend got a job at Victorian Rose, which is a consignment shop in town. When she got the job, me and my friends would visit her all the time. From visiting so much I learned a lot about consignment shops and the way that they are run. There are many consignment shops all over and every one of them has different ways that they go about running there store. This particular consignment shop is just for women and teens. What is so great about consignment shops is that you can not only shop there, but you can bring in your own clothes/items that you want to sell and you can make a profit! I have brought in a large amount of old clothes, shoes, purses and jewelry that I no longer wear and i've made a lot of money through consignment shops. This particular consignment shop has you bring in your items, they usually put a limit on the number of items that they can take at once, and then they price your belongings. If someone buys something of yours, you then make half of the profit of the item sold. If your items do not sell within a period of time you have the option of taken your things back or the consignment shop will donate them.




    I really love the idea of consignment shops because the majority of things that I bring to them I would never wear again and I would rather make a few bucks then to just throw the things away. I hate when old clothes or shoes take up space in my room so i'm thankful that there's a consignment shop right in Dudley that I can bring my stuff to! I have been to a few other consignment shops and they all run differently. There is one that I visited called Smarty Pants and it is strictly for babies and toddlers. One particular shop that I really like is a shop in Worcester, Ma called Grime. Grime has men and women's clothing and shoes. I like this shop because it sells a lot of cheap items that are very cute and stylish for teenagers. At Grime you can buy/sell or trade your items. I don't think that a lot of people really give consignment shops a chance but if you really want to save money and like to take a chance I would definitely check out a consignment shop near you. I have found some great clothes that you would never think you would find at a consignment shop! They are great because you can shop, and make money at the same time by selling your old items. It's a win win situation! Most consignment shops take anything from clothes, to shoes, to household items and even books. I hope that my post got you interested and made you think about checking out a consignment shop. Even if the clothes aren't for you, you could always make a buck or two by getting rid of some of your unwanted things! 











    

No comments:

Post a Comment