Tuesday, October 16, 2012

$eth Drouin Meditation

Have you ever seen a 5-Hour energy commercial where they discuss how if you, "have that 2:30 feeling" where you're feeling tired then you should take a 5-Hour energy.


Today, there are so many methods of trying to find a boost of energy.  From caffeine to creatine, supplements become a problem.  There is an easier, cheaper, and more effective way to obtain more energy.  The art of meditation can be used to set the mind in a state that believes that the body has more energy and motivation than it truly does.  
I will start with meditation.  If you come to a point during your busy day where you feel like you have no more energy, a short half hour meditation break can prove to benefit your energy level.  

This video above is above a half hour long, however it is to give you an idea of the meditation process. Meditation is extremely easy to learn.  All you need is a quiet place and the strong desire to meditate and find your inner peace. 
Here at Nichols College, I actually find a half hour - full hour a day for time dedicated to meditation.  Most of the time, I walk to the turf field around 10pm because nobody is around, and I can meditate while looking at the stars, and it is extremely peaceful.  Meditation has many benefits that are immediate.  
Check Out These Mediation Facts:

The great part about meditation is that it reduces blood pressure and gives the person a clearer perception of the world.  This alone allows for more energy throughout the because there is less worrisome thoughts going through the mind.  
I strongly recommend giving meditation a shot.  For some people it works wonders (such as myself) while for others they feel that caffeine is their only answer for obtaining more energy.  Even if meditation doesn't work for you, there are many other alternatives to caffeine and all of the harmful substances in the long run.  Do your research.  

-$eth Drouin

1 comment:

  1. Hey Seth!
    My name is Kate Ledbetter and I really enjoyed reading your blog, even though I didn’t get through the whole video, but I tried. I have never tried to meditate before and I am not sure if I would have the patience to do so but now that I read this it makes me want to try harder. It seems that it helps a lot and would probably help college students that are stressed all the time, especially around this time with all the midterm tests we have been having. Your blog inspired me to try something new and that’s really cool to me so, thanks! I really enjoyed reading your blog and learning more about the good aspects of meditation, it has definitely made me want to give it a try. Maybe I’ll see you out on the track one of these nights!
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete