Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My dream destination, Alaska


My dream destination is to go to Alaska.  One of my true loves is to go fishing. There is no match to the adrenaline-like feeling of reeling in a monster fish. I love fishing so much that I always watch fishing shows on TV every Sunday morning and a fair amount of them are based out of Alaska.  However, fishing is not the only aspect of Alaska that I am attracted to there is also the brisk weather and true beauty of the landscape. Living in New England has made me a lover of cold weather.  My personality is more outdoors-like rather than an inside kind of person meaning I prefer to do something with more than just my hands in front of a television set. After browsing the internet, I found a man named Rudy who wrote,” Rudy’s fishing blog” from when he went fishing in Alaska at blogspot.com.  Rainbow trout is one of the most common fish caught in Alaska.  Another one of my favorite activities I like to do outdoors is go hiking, nothing feels better than the fresh forest air deep inside my lungs. In Alaska the landscape is more than accommodating for hiking in the deep forests. After browsing various travel sites looking for cheap plane tickets to Alaska and cheap hotels to stay at, I found that a round trip ticket from Boston Massachusetts to Anchorage Alaska would cost $570. In addition to the cheap plane tickets, I found that a hotel in the downtown Anchorage  plaza would range anywhere from $95 to $108 per night depending on which hotel you choose to stay at.  This information can be found on kayak.com. For a college student in my current monetary situation, this is a quite plausible trip to take. I would recommend anyone like me who is dying to go to Alaska for the trip of a lifetime to do the kind of research that I did and follow up on your dream vacation. I myself have put the trip on my bucket list and plan on traveling there before I graduate from Nichols College.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Robbie,
    That’s really cool that you want to go to Alaska to fish. I love fishing too. Every summer I used to go fishing with my grandpa and we would just sit out on the lake for hours. We wouldn't say much while we were waiting for something to catch the hook because we were so focused into what we were doing that we didn't even notice that we weren't talking to each other. I don’t know if I’d ever be able to go ice fishing mainly because I hate the cold but I still understand what you mean about it. Alaska is also really beautiful. Mainly because nobody tries to touch it or mess with it so it gets to keep its natural beauty. I have thought that it would be a cool place to visit and take pictures of but I don’t think I’d be able to stay there for very long with my tolerance of cold.

    ReplyDelete