Sunday, November 4, 2012

Japan


One place where I have recently been and I will always want to go back is the Rocky Mountains. The Rocky Mountains are beautiful especially in the summer. My family and I went to Colorado for the summer in 2009.

It was a family trip that everyone on my mom’s side took. We went out to Colorado for my cousin’s and my uncle’s birthdays. It was a great experience. We took a day trip to the Rocky Mountains with everyone. It was incredible. The mountains were astonishing. Everything was so beautiful. We took our cars up Mount Evans. We stopped at many different stops including a lake called Summit Lake. It was beautiful. I loved seeing all the wildlife there and seeing the mountains. It was a just a beautiful site.

Even in the summer there was still snow on the mountains. I loved going to Colorado, but if I could go anywhere in the world it would be Japan.

My grandmother was born in Japan and I have always wanted to go there. My grandmother was born in Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa-ken. I have no idea where that is but I know she misses it. When I go I would like to go all over. I especially want to go to Tokyo. I would just travel all over Japan if I could go. Also I want to go see Mt. Fuji in Japan. There are so many things to do in Japan and I would want to do all of them. I would definitely take my family and my grandmother with me so they can show me around. My grandmother would be able to translate for us so it would make life easier. One thing I would be excited about is to eat real, authentic Japanese food. I love that kind of food and to eat it in Japan would be amazing.

A flight would cost approximately $1270.00 and the flight itself would take 22 hours. It would be a long time and a lot of money but it would definitely be worth it to go where your grandmother was born and where you still have family. A lot of people think I am weird to go to Japan but I have always wanted to go. It is a dream to go to Japan.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Madison. I enjoyed reading your blog and I think that it would be awesome to take a trip to Japan. My brother is currently station in Okinawa, Japan but he has gone to Tokoyo and Mt. Fuji for a training trip. He said that the mountain is amazing and that Tokoyo is awesome. Also he said that real japanese food is delicious but not some much on the base that he is at. He has recommended me to take a trip out there and meet him in Tokoyo so I might have to do so. Even though I haven't met alot of people that take trips to Japan, I think that it would be awesome if you take a trip out there because you will not be disappointed and it would also be a nice experience to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Madison, Japan would seem like a fun time, even though it’s pretty expensive. I feel it would be a great learning experience, to visit Japan. I would probably go to a karate dojo, and learn their martial arts, because I always like watching their movies, like IP Man. The only problem would be how expensive it is, because it is not just the plane ticket that is a lot, it is also the petty cash because you can’t just go to Japan and not explore, but it is also cool how your grandfather was born in Japan. My grandfather was born in Italy; even though, it’s another country it is interesting because he lived in a whole other country. When you mentioned Tokyo that would seem fun because it is one of the most populated cities in the world, and it has a ton of great technology. And thanks again for the advice on Japan. It sounded fun!

    ReplyDelete