Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Jamaica!


If I were able to pick anywhere in the world for my dream destination, I would have to choose Jamaica. I don’t know what it is about that place, but I’ve just wanted to go there my whole life. Just seeing pictures online and from movies and just hearing about other people go there really sparked my interest.

There are lots of things that can be done while in Jamaica. One thing that sounds incredible is the Seven Mile Beach in Negril. It is said that pirates once haunted this beach, but now it is just inhabited by people looking to relax in the sun along with some pesky salesmen. But, as long as you know how to push them aside, they wouldn't really be much of a problem.

Another amazing place to go in Jamaica would have to be Blue Hole Mineral Spring that is also located in Negril. There is a resort located around a mineral spring that you can either jump in, or climb down into. The hole itself is more than 25 feet below the earth and the water is pure and crystal clear. Also, after you're done jumping yourself, you can watch locals dive from platforms that rest in the trees above the mineral spring hole. The platforms can reach as high as 60 feet in the air! The area around also has a lot of beautiful flowers and well-kept grounds. There are also other things to do around the mineral spring, but that is just the most exciting part.

To take a vacation there, it definitely isn't going to be like going somewhere close. But for the hotel, it is about $142 per night at a four star hotel that is right on the beach. That's not a bad deal at all for a four star hotel. For a flight there both ways is about $576. That's not as bad either, so it's not too expensive of a vacation. The only thing I would have to bring is extra money to go shopping for me and family and friends of course.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lindsey,
    I have to admit, I wrote my blog on the Bahamas, however, I am starting to imagine myself visiting Jamaica too. The thing that stands out the most to me in your post is the Blue Hole Mineral Spring. You can jump in from 25 feet above into the crystal clear water. That sounds so refreshing. The hotel price is $142 a night, which is somewhat similar to the Bahamas. The Bahamas is $200, however, it's not that much of a difference. Whenever I think of Jamaica, I think of people with dreadlocks, so I would most likely make an effort to visit somebody that is a local/native to the land that has dreadlocks and ask them to give me a tour and explain the area more to me. Anyways, this is a great insight on where you dream of going. If you have the time and you still have to make a post on somebody's then you can check mine out and let me know what you think. Good work.

    -Seth Drouin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lindsey,

    Jamaica is a beautiful place, I personally have never been, but that is one place that is top on my list for visiting. I wrote my blog about Aruba, but I wouldn’t mind going to Jamaica instead. I think the beautiful beaches are what get me to fall in love with these tropical places. The hotel you describe that’s surrounded by mineral sounds like it would be cool, and different to stay at. It’s a shame these vacations are so expensive for us poor college students! Going to Jamaica is much cheaper than going to Aruba, and maybe you will be able to go there! $142 a night is not bad at all, and I might show my mother this, so her and I can go! Also seven miles of beach sounds wonderful to me, how could anyone pass that up? Well, I hope one day you’ll be able to go to your dream destination!

    - Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete