Thursday, November 1, 2012

GO TO ALASKA!


Nicholas DiMille                                                                     Some Fun Facts about Alaska!

                                            -It’s a wonderful place, the mountains, the northern lights, and most importantly home to Gold Rush.
-Alaska is home to over three million lakes.
-Dog mushing is the state sport.
-Alaska’s name is based on the Eskimo word Alakshak meaning great
Lands or peninsula.
-17 of the 20 highest peaks in the US are located in Alaska.
-Southwest Alaska is popular for its stormy weather, tundra landscapes, and large populations of marine mammals.

Ways of Travel and Cost
Cruise:                                                                        Plane:
$1,799 per person for MM category stateroom                      $918 per person plus hotel
About 1,000 for Petty Cash                                                    About $1000 in Petty Cash

Alaska is a great place to go and enjoy the scenery, and go fishing, camping, hiking, and hunting! Alaska is over 600,000 square miles, and it is all filled with beautiful land and is why it is so fun to go fishing and camping, and its vast wildlife is fun for hunters.

The Top Ten Places in Alaska
1. Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum (in Anchorage)
2. Alaska Zoo (in Anchorage)
3. Anchorage Museum of History & Art (in Anchorage)
4. Elmendorf State Hatchery (in Anchorage)
5. H2Oasis (in Anchorage):
6. The Imaginarium (in Anchorage)
7. Juneau Trolley Car Company (in Juneau)
8. Mount Robert Tramway (in Juneau)
9. Pioneer Park (in Fairbanks)
10. St. Nicholas Russian Orthodox Church (in Juneau)

The Great Scenery 

            This is why you should visit to Alaska, because of its beautiful scenery, and because of all the wonderful lakes. Although Alaska is not the place you normally would think of to visit makes it worth more the reason you should. I guarantee you will have a great time visiting Alaska. It also a great place to go if you want to try new things. I can guarantee if you travel to Alaska you will do something you have never done before. If its dog mushing, hunting, fishing, and camping, or maybe even digging for gold I can promise that you will do something that you have never done before. All of these reasons is why you should consider traveling to Alaska, Ukudigada (goodbye)!

Here is some sites you can go to for other decriptions 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Nick,
    For this blog post I was actually planning on doing Alaska because I will be going there this summer. I am so excited to visit Alaska and see all the beautiful scenery and adventure that is has to offer. I had been bugging my parents for about 2 years to take a family trip to Alaska and they finally said yes :). I am not going on a cruise but I am simply going to Anchorage and spending about 3 or 4 days exploring Alaska and seeing all that is has to offer. One of my top places that I am looking forward to the most is going to the Alaska Zoo. I am a huge animal lover and I made sure that my parents made it mandatory for us to take a trip there! I am so excited to go and hopefully Alaska will greatly exceed my expectations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nick,
    I love this blog because my dream destination is also Alaska. I would love to experience all of the activities you talked about under the “Some fun facts” section of the blog. I totally agree with all the descriptions you gave about Alaska and the various recreational activities that hunters and annual visitors can partake in. I have always wanted to see the northern lights however; I forgot to add it to my blog. The constant mentioning of dog mushing reminded me of the time my friends and I tied up our dogs to a sled and tried to have them pull us across the yard. By the way you have great taste in vacation spots. I do hope you get to go there one day and maybe I will run into you while I am there as well. I also found some cheaper prices for traveling to and from Alaska with a room in a hotel.

    ReplyDelete