Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Dream Destination, Miami

            My favorite vacation place where I have been going to for the past couple of years is Miami, Key Biscayne to be exact. Key Biscayne is literally 5-10 minutes down the road from South Beach, which isn’t bad at all and plus it’s a nice drive. It’s more secluded from the city and you don’t hear all the noise and partying.  My aunt and uncle have a place in key Biscayne and it is one of my favorite places to go.

            I usually go with my mom, sister, aunt and uncle, my cousin and her husband. As long as my mom, sister and I are able to get plane tickets, then we don’t have to pay for really anything while we are there. Each year, we plan on going sometime in the middle of January and we usually leave on a Friday morning and come back either on a Tuesday or Wednesday.  We’re not there for a long time but it’s nice to go down for a couple of days, enjoy the nice weather, eat delicious food, see your family and have a good time. There is nothing really better than that.

            While we are there, we go to different restaurants in Miami, go to the beach and pool, shop and go basically where we want.  Last year, I went to Miami ink, which was awesome and I ran in the Tropical 5k race with my brother, mom, cousin and her husband. It was a cool experience to have but I wish I train some more before doing it.  Even though the race was in the morning, the weather was humid, the air was dense and after I finished, I thought my head was going to explode.  I couldn’t believe how many people were in the race and all the people who I thought I was going to beat, beat me. That goes to show that you cannot underestimate anyone whether how old or young they are. 

            Maybe this year we will run in the race again and hopefully I will be faster. Like I said before, going to Miami is one of my favorite places to go and I recommend anyone to go there and enjoy it as much as I do. South Beach doesn’t disappoint and I look forward to going there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment