Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Dream Destination

If I could choose anywhere in the world to vacation to I would without a doubt choose the beautiful island of Bora Bora! It would definitely be amazing to vacation there.
I have never heard of Bora Bora until a "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" episode that I saw a few years ago. The family vacationed there on a gorgeous private spot. The beaches look absolutely beautiful and the water looks so crystal clear. When I look up Bora Bora, every picture that I have seen of it looks as if it could be on a post card.


Bora Bora is and island that is located about 160 miles northwest of Tahiti. It is said to be arguably "the most beautiful island on the planet." When I was researching a little bit more about Bora Bora, I read many facts. One particular fact that the population on  the island is about 4,650 people. I also researched that the climate on the island is considered to be tropical and can be divided into the wet season and the dry season. This is great information to know when you are going to plan a trip there! The "wet season" is between the months of April and November, and they usually get 3/4ths of rainfall in these months. If i'm going on a vacation I definitely do not want it to be spoiled from the rain so I would most likely choose to vacation in the month of December.  The vacation package that I found for  a week in December is for a resort called the "Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort and Spa."


 
  This resort is a 'tranquil paradise'. It offers an amazing view and everyone stays in bungalows. The island offers many exciting things to do such as restaurants, fresh water swimming pool, a spa, mini golf and many many more activities. This would be a dream destination for me but I would have to save up a lot of money first! For a weeks stay in the month of December the cost of flight and a hotel is $4,258 per person. I live in Dudley, Ma so I would be flying out of Boston because that would be the easiest for me and flight accommodations. I assume that depending on what month that you are traveling most prices will vary depending on weather conditions and if it is a popular time to travel. I think that December would be a popular time for tourists because it is a dry season for the island so there most likely would not be any rain.

     On the 'Top 10 Summer Vacation Spots' Bora Bora is at # 2. After all of the pictures and information about Bora Bora that I found, I can really see why! If I were to vacation there I think that I would just want to relax and never leave the resort because of everything that it has to offer. Although, I would really love to scuba dive because they are said to have some of the prettiest fish living in the island. I have heard that scuba diving is one of the most popular and most exciting activities to do on an island. Bora Bora was the 'Travelers Choice 2012 Winner' for destinations around the world. It was rated with 5 stars because it's a small island but it has so much to offer. I really hope that someday I get to visit Bora Bora because I think I would have an amazing time! I need to start saving now. Below is a video of Bora Bora that was seen on 'Travel TV'. It shows the beautiful island and some of what it offers.






No comments:

Post a Comment